Weird Science Carnival Signs PDF
Wall sign or handout #1, some color, pictures, interest generating.
Wall sign or handout #2, b&w, no pictures, more details and partial list of booths, interest generating. Same information as below
Spread The News: The Weird Science Carnival is coming on Saturday, February 4th 2012 to Warren High School Cafeteria: 10 am to 2 pm
Warren High School 130 Warrior Drive, Vincent Ohio, 45784
At the same time and place we will be running a registered High School Rube Goldberg Machine Contest.
We will have events and booths aimed at all ages. Many will require tickets to participate and many will be free. All the booths will be interesting and exciting and the events will be science oriented fun with the theme of Weird Science. Food and snacks will be available for purchase. This year, the Rube Goldberg Machine Contest’s mission is to blow up a balloon and pop it in a minimum of 20 steps within a contraption no bigger than 6ft by 6ft. Humorous and bizarre building is the theme of a Rube Goldberg Machine, drawing inspiration from the famous Rube Goldberg Machines of comics. They will be setting up and running their machines for the judges during the early part of the carnival.
Some of the events and booths are indeed weird. Here are some of the over 40 booths and displays that will be at the Weird Science Carnival.
- Mad Scientist Laugh Coach: Learn to laugh like a Real Mad Scientist!
- Are You Radioactive? : It’s best to be sure. Bring your old orange Fiestaware to test them with our Geiger counters.
- Calculate your gravitational attraction to your sweetie: You knew it was more than simple fondness.
- Shock Wire Race: Race down an electrified wire and avoid getting shocked.
- CD Frying Booth: Don’t try this at home, Come to the carnival and do it here.
- Field Phone Generator Duels: Two generators, two opponents, losers let go first.
- Pendulum Flinch Booth: Could you stand calmly while a big heavy iron ball hurtles towards your face?
- Theremin Booth: Play an eerie musical instrument without touching it by manipulating electrical fields.
- Fake Injury Booth: No sweet flower face painting here.
- Scorpion vending machine: How did that scorpion get in there anyway???
- Fossil Smash: Plaster rock, big hammer, prize inside.
- Weird Marble Race: Compete against your friends in a race with weird twists and surprises.
- Bird Bomber Booth: Drop a “load” on a target by anticipating Newton’s First Law.
- Laser Security Wall: Do you have “Ninja Moves”? You will need them to get through.
- Brain Foolishness: Messing with the optic nerve until it and you are seeing things.
- Iron Filings Table: Iron filings, magnets, Too Much Fun!
- Satellite Pendulum Table: Simulate orbital motion in a huge gravity well.
- Watch the BIG BANG Booth: Observe evidence of the Universal Background Radiation first hand!
- Giant Kaleidoscope: Yes it is huge. Stick your whole head in it.
- Stench Cannon: Deliver a stench ring to your unsuspecting friends. Think if it as projectile farting. (Yes I’m shocked too!)
Weird Science Carnival Saturday, February 4th
Warren High School Cafeteria 10 am to 2 pm